Thursday, July 2, 2009

Challenge ahead

Well, it's Thursday night, July 2. No work tomorrow and then the 4th of July weekend. I am not having any one for a BBQ, so I think I will take the advise of my co-worker, Teresa R. She has always been such a good friend, great example and is always sharing great ideas. She really is an inspiration to me! We are only about a year apart, we both have a set of twins, been married about the same amount of time and share other interest as well. She is the one that first inspired me to get a gym pass and try a few things. Anyway, she told me today that we need to go to the 5 am aerobic class at the gym. She has asked me before to try some different classes with her, but I have been to scared; but this time I said, "OK, I'm going to prepare myself to go with you". Thanks Teresa! Then we were visiting about what we were doing on the 4th weekend and she shared that she is BBQ ing for her family. No-not hamburgers and hot dogs, but salmon and chicken. She shared her BBQ tricks for yummy, more healthy food. Now I am excited to try them out. It will just be my husband and I and 2 of our children, so we'll try it out and see what happens. Hope everyone has a great long weekend. Here's to a better life and "Independence" from poor health and choices!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a way to plan ahead - good job! Planning ahead makes it easier to make healthy choices.
Good friends are so fun to have - especially those who help us become better and rise to our full potential.
So proud of you!

David and RaieGene Robison Family said...

Yeah Mom!!! the classes are fun. just stick with it. They will become some of your fav. things to do at the gym.