Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Look out week 3

Rain, Rain go away! Nope, I've enjoyed the rain. It gives me more reason to go to the gym. I have been working on perfecting my exercise routine. It has been so helpful to have the trainers available to answer questions and help my individually. Thanks again to them!! My week started out yesterday with a fast trip to Idaho, for a family function in Hagerman Valley. The 4 hour drive was fun as I went with my daughter and it was just the 2 of us. We had a great Mom/Daughter day! I started by going to the gym and getting my workout in for the day. Then I came home and packed a small cooler of "save" foods to take along. Instead of the chips and candy bars that are often found in our car on road trips, I filled the cooler with V-8, string cheese, yogurt, carrots and fruit. Guess what, I survived without the junk food! It was a long day as wee went up and came back the same day, so I did break down and have a coke on the way home to help me stay awake. It is the first coke I've had since the challenge began. When we stopped for lunch, I had a grilled chicken wrap with a side salad and water at Wendy's. So I actually proved to myself that I can survive a road trip with out the junk food! Next time I'll work on skipping the Coke! Good Luck Girls-We are heading for Week 3!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

WAY TO GO PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO proud of you for all the healthy choices you are making. Awesome!