Sunday, June 7, 2009

Well I made it though my first family BBQ. 22 family and friends for the whole evening. I bought low fat hamburger patties and all beef hot dogs. I made a small potato salad and a huge bowl of fresh fruit. Cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries and watermelon. One of the kids made a big green salad with and added mushrooms, tomatoes and olives. Everyone ate their fill, even me. I skipped the potato salad, had my hamburger on Sarah Lee Wheat, low fat bread. Dressed it with mustard, ketchup, lettuce and tomato. Another daughter brought pop and cookies both of which I skipped. The day of the BBQ I was careful what I ate and then drake a lot of water while I was house cleaning. Maybe I can do this!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Way to go Penny! That takes some serious self-control and dedication and you did it!

Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Keep it up!